At Pawngo, the first online pawn shop in the country, we believe luxury watches aren’t decorations; they’re also great investments. Like fine jewelry, luxury watches need regular care to keep their value, functions, and style.
The following are five tips for maintaining your luxury watch, especially if you are considering using it in the future for a personal collateral loan.
- Have the watch serviced by a professional every two or three years for a mechanical watch and every three to four years for a quartz watch.
- Clean your watch regularly using a soft cloth. You will want to remove dust and dirt. You will want to wipe down the band and case. For tougher grim and dirt, see a professional.
- Avoid placing luxury watches near magnets. For some timekeeping pieces, magnets can affect the timekeeping mechanisms.
- Keep your watch away from water, especially if it’s not water resistant. If your watch is water resistant, be sure to know the details of what that means and follow those guidelines. Also, avoid extreme heat or direct sunlight as this can affect your watch, too.
- Place your watch in storage box when you aren’t wearing it. If you set the watch on its side or on its crystal, you could scratch it. A watch box is designed to keep your investment safe.
Designer watch brands we accept for collateral loans include Rolex, Franck Muller, Omega, Patek Philippe, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Panerai, Cartier, Audemars Piguet, Chopard, Corum, and Bell & Ross. To learn more about luxury watches, Pawngo’s online pawn loans, or Pawngo visit https://pawngo.com/ or call 1-866-499-2363.